In a hurry to leave the nexus, why?

All films that take place within the star trek's prime timeline, from Star Trek the Motion Picture to Star Trek Nemesis
marsh8472
Site Admin

In a hurry to leave the nexus, why?

Post by marsh8472 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:41 am

Picard was in a hurry to leave the Nexus with Kirk to stop Soran. But they were in a place where they were immortal, time had no meaning, and could leave the Nexus at any time and stop Saran then. So why didn't Picked just put his feet up for a year or a million billion years and risk his life to stop Saran later. If there are no consequences to wait until later to do something, why do it immediately?

Jenny
Ensign
Ensign

Re: In a hurry to leave the nexus, why?

Post by Jenny » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:56 am

It's been some time since I watched this movie but I think a reason could be that Picard might get tempted to stay and live his perfect life and I imagine it to be a lot harder to let go of that after thousands of years as opposed to one brief scene. And of course even if he would have let go he'd have to live with the memories of his perfect life and thus with what he gave up.
Hi :3

marsh8472
Site Admin

Post by marsh8472 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:12 pm

Jenny wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:56 am
It's been some time since I watched this movie but I think a reason could be that Picard might get tempted to stay and live his perfect life and I imagine it to be a lot harder to let go of that after thousands of years as opposed to one brief scene. And of course even if he would have let go he'd have to live with the memories of his perfect life and thus with what he gave up.
Makes sense, but if it were me I would have chilled out for million years and worry about getting over Nexus addiction later :AndorianLaughing:

Jenny
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Jenny » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:32 am

marsh8472 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:12 pm
Jenny wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:56 am
Makes sense, but if it were me I would have chilled out for million years and worry about getting over Nexus addiction later :AndorianLaughing:
I think i'd just go to being a Nexus-addict. Worked for the El-Aurians. Someone else can save the universe for a change :D
Hi :3